Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Cross stitch finishes

So some of these have been seen already, but not once totally finished.

The poop emoji stitch was put into a wooden hoop that I painted myself.  Yep, looked for something that resembled "poop brown."  She loved it!


This is a frame from IKEA that fortunately was the perfect size and included a mat.  If I'd been thinking ahead, I might have looked for a mat in pink, but....nah....


This was my favorite.  I went looking at IKEA for frames, but didn't really see any the perfect size.  Well, I take that back.  I found one with a silver frame and white mat, but I wasn't sure how that would be with the oatmeal fabric.  So instead I decided to do the painted hoop finish.  And I'm really happy with how it turned out! 


I looked up how best to frame in a hoop and found this website.  (Used it for the poop emoji, too, but didn't have time/inclination to get felt for the back.)  I was skeptical that the felt would do much, because the fabric was sticking out a fair bit once gathered.  But I was impressed with how much it compressed the bulk without really any effort.  This went over very well, and I'm already planning to use it again.


No comments: