Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Back to the scrub caps

It's been awhile since I've made any scrub caps.  The first one was a Christmas gift for a new colleague.  She liked the ones I made for other colleagues previously and asked for one for herself.  She chose the fabric, and I provided the labor as a gift.  She has a bigger head and a lot of hair, so she requested the "enlarged" size I made up from the Whale Watching pattern - the Dalmation prototype.


While I was at it on scrub caps, I decided to stitch up another pattern prototype - the Hummingbird pattern.  I've had the pieces cut for months but just never found the time/inclination to do anything further.  This wasn't difficult to make up, though there are a couple of fiddly steps.  Ultimately, I realized yet again that I have a big head and a lot of hair, so this one isn't going to work for me.


I have one more pattern prototype cut out.  Maybe I'll stitch it up sometime soon.  And I have my eye on a few more patterns to try at some point.

No comments: