Monday, July 1, 2019

Knit PJ pants!

Thing 2 has been in dire need of new PJs for a long time now.  He had outgrown the few pair that he still wore, but he wore them anyway.  I refused to buy new PJs, especially since he tends to only wear the pants, and especially given my current state of fabric.  So I finally decided to bite the bullet and stitch some up, as I'd been promising forever to do.

First problem - the pattern I thought I could use proved to be problematic.  It's a men's/boys' pattern, and Thing 2 has outgrown the boys' sizing but not yet reached the men's.  So off to JAF I went, where I found S8022.  I was intending to use fleece fabric from my stash for these, so I figured a one piece pattern would be ideal.  These are size M in the boys' sizing, and he loves them!  I made this first pair basically as is just to test it out, which worked well.


For the second pair - also a knit from my stash! - I used the same sizing, but decreased the seam allowances from 5/8" to 3/8", just to give a little more room for growth.  Probably not as important with the thinner knit but would definitely help with the thicker fleece.


There has already been another (not pictured) fleece pair from my stash, as well as another knit that I simply couldn't resist.