Thursday, January 21, 2021

More sports pants!



So when JAF had the good sale on licensed sports fabrics, I also bought a length of fleece for my buddy. She's a die-hard White Sox fan, and she's also always cold, so I figured this would be a total win.

Sometime maybe last year - I don't think I ever mentioned it on the blog - I had mocked up two adult sizes of  S8022 and sent them to my SIL, to try on for size, when she wanted me to make her some lounge pants. Never one to miss an opportunity, I then asked her to forward them to my friend so she could do the same. I was really wanting to make her some flannel PJ pants in a plaid background and wanted to use a pattern with minimal seams. But it also works out well for fleece!


And then, since I've learned these lessons, I thought to check if I could squeeze a pair for my niece (her dad is also a White Sox fan) out of the leftovers! And - woohoo! She gets an extra pair of lounge pants, and I have less fabric waste. You can see that I'm still debating shirt colors for a matching shirt with applique.



Edited to add that I decided to go with grey! Mainly because I have a new use for the red shirt. ;)


 

No comments: