Tuesday, December 17, 2019

More cardigans!

So my niece loved her cardigan prototype! And she wanted more. So what's an aunt to do but oblige? I had this knit print that I picked up somewhere, and it yielded enough for one cardigan for my niece (size 10 - the 8 fit her perfectly so I wanted some growth room), one cardigan for a friend's daughter (not pictured but identical except a size 2T), and one doll cardigan (pattern).

I went with the same pattern options as before - patch pockets, tunic length, short bands, and three-quarter sleeves. I used a rib knit cut against the grain to stabilize the shoulders and just behind the top of the pockets. And I added bands instead of hemming the sleeves. Way too lazy for that!


No changes to the pattern for the doll cardigan!


These are going in the box for her birthday present - I hope she loves them just as much as the last ones!

No comments: