Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Cardigans!

So I made myself a Star Wars cardigan a year ago (never blogged it, apparently) using the pattern Cocoon Cardigan from Patterns for Pirates.  It's super comfy - and it even has optional pockets!  And there's a girls' sized pattern, too - the Butterfly Cardigan.  So naturally I thought my niece needed a cardigan or twenty.  This is the first prototype, to see whether she likes it and how the sizing is for her.  I found this fabric at JAF - pretty sure it happened to be on sale that day.

This is a size 8, tunic length (she's 7 at the moment), with "short bands," patch pockets, and three quarter sleeves.  All of these are listed options in the pattern.  I added bands to the sleeves to avoid hemming.  I can't wait to hear how she likes it!


And of course I figured her doll needed a few, as well.  The pattern is a free one from Fleece Fun.  No changes made to that.  The first cardigan is from leftovers from my niece's cardigan, so that they can match.


The second is from leftovers of my Star Wars cardigan!  (Hopefully it doesn't give my niece any ideas about what her next cardigan should be!)


No comments: