I think it's been fairly clear from previous posts that I really like the Fishsticks Designs Patrick Curved Raglan shirt pattern. So when I thought that Thing 1 could use some new shirts, I pulled it out again. The camo shirt was made from an interlock that an online sewing friend sent me - I thought that he would love it, because his greenish camo shirt (which is falling apart) is still worn frequently. I used black ribbing from the stash for the neckband, and I sacrificed one of my shirts (don't worry, it had a few holes in it and was headed for the rag bag) for the sleeves. This was a size 8, if I recall correctly. I had originally added 2-3 inches in length to the body, but then I decided that it looked wrong in the proportions, so I cut it back down.
The lizard print is one I purchased from a coop a long time ago. Then I used brown ribbing and interlock from my stash to finish it. This is size 10, and I think it'll fit him for a good long time. I even thought about making it long-sleeved, but I figured he'd really enjoy wearing it now. The next ones will probably be long-sleeved, though - he doesn't have too many of those for winter.
I'm just glad to have these done! My serger broke just after starting the lizard/brown shirt, and I had to wait until it was fixed, then realize that the stitch fingers were still off, try to order a new needle plate, wait for it to come and realize that the needle plate came WITHOUT stitch fingers (grrrr), realize again just how hard it is to get Necchi serger parts in the US, and finally get frustrated enough to order a new serger which should be MUCH easier to get replacement parts for.....and eventually unearth this project and decide to finish it. Worth the wait, though!