My sewing room is in the midst of a renovation! These are the wall colors. We picked the light green on the left, then after painting two walls, decided it needed an accent color. The darker green color was used in the kitchen and part of the living room by the previous owners, and they had left us some. So that went on one wall. Then we decided to get color-crazy and throw in something totally different on the remaining (large) wall - that's where the dark purple came in! (This is especially shocking to some of our friends, as we painted almost every room in our previous house in the months of renovation before we moved, and they were all some shade of white/offwhite/tan.) I have to say, it's different, but so far I'm loving it!
The idea is to make quilted wall hangings to tie the room together. I don't know exactly what they'll look like yet, but I'm looking at quilt blocks for sampler quilts. And I hit a sale on FQs at the LQS earlier in the month - these are from that sale:
Under the FQs is a white on white print that will become the sashing and borders, I think, and in the upper left is a seafoam-ish green that was an almost exact match to one of the green shades in the paint color cards. (I grabbed all the shades in each of the color "families" that contained the actual paint colors we used - took those to the LQS to help pick out fabrics. Worked great!) I'll use that green as the background in the blocks. I can't wait to get started! I think the first sampler will be a 2x3 arrangement of 18-inch blocks. Maybe....
Before the room was dismantled for painting and shelves, I managed to squeeze in just a little sewing. The boys need more summer PJs, not that they always wear them, and I had purchased the monster flannel on sale "just because." So I made each of them PJ shorts in the next size up, then added appliques to purchased T-shirts. Quick, easy, and effective.