Friday, April 10, 2020

Ruffly girl PJs

So way back probably almost 2 years ago, I decided that my niece would like some new PJs, and I cut out KS 213. Since this was the first try, I used a flannel from deep stash. But I bought ribbon to go with it and dress the front up a bit. I cut out size S and started in, and then my serger was misbehaving, and the ruffles were a bit daunting, and life happened. So it was about a year ago that I finally decided to take the bull by the horns and finish. And they're super cute!


You can see the colors better here.


And the pattern comes with doll sizes!


My niece was very happy with the new PJs, but the pants were snug and short, largely because I'd taken so long to sew them after cutting them out. I had enough of the flannel left that I simply cut a new pair of pants one size up, and I gave her the bigger pants when she came to visit last fall. And then, of course, she told me how much she loved them and wanted more. :)

No comments: