Sunday, April 19, 2020

And even more face masks (contoured!)

 What can I say? This is definitely the season of face mask sewing.  I found a "hack tutorial" for improving this pattern - and the ironic thing is that if you go back to the original pattern, they have updated it to add another size and most of the improvements from the "hack tutorial." So now there are sizes 3-6y, 7-12y, teen-adult woman, adult man. And there are instructions for adding a filter pocket (though their pattern still has only two layer) and a nose wire.

Here we have my latest sewing.....all of these are for friends/family. In this particular photo, the beer print is adult male, the Star Wars Halloween is child 7-12y, and the other three are all teen-adult woman. None have a nose wire, because I hadn't figured out a sleeve for it yet or gotten wire that can go through the wash. Not pictured is my son's all white (by request) mask, in which I did put a sleeve for the pipecleaner nose wire.


Another batch for friends/family - these are all teen-adult woman.


Last but not least, another adult man. This time I did put a sleeve in (3/4" twill tape) and pipecleaners for a nose wire. But I completely forgot to get a pic of the inside. Oops!


Still more to come! I've already got another 16 cut out......

No comments: