Tuesday, October 13, 2020

A request for lightweight PJ pants

Sometimes it's hard to know what to gift people. I had asked my brother if he thought our mother would be interested in PJ pants (she's worn nightgowns as far back as I can remember, and I still haven't gotten around to trying the nightgown pattern I bought ages ago for her....). He thought yes, so I made a prototype flannel pair to test sizing and interest. Apparently I never took a picture before sending those. They were stitched probably in December or January and sent for her birthday in June. Well....the response was that they fit perfectly and were definitely desired, but that lightweight PJ pants would be more appreciated.

At that point, there were no decent deals on fabric, and have you noticed that the clearance sections are also completely picked over?!? So I bought a microfiber sheet set at Target - that's the folded pair on the right. It didn't behave terribly well, but it does feel very smooth against the skin. I'm using leftovers to make matching PJs for my niece.


And then I found this print when novelty cottons were on a good sale! So a second pair was in the works. Hopefully she loves them.


 

No comments: