Monday, February 1, 2021

Zippered mesh laundry/storage bags

How to contain face masks pre-laundry and during laundry......well, it depends. We've experimented with the kids putting their dirty face masks on a particular shelf (which is unfortunately easily missed or forgotten), taking them to the laundry room (let's be honest - doesn't happen), and putting them into their hampers (for some reason they almost never do). Nothing has been consistently working. I wash them all in zippered mesh laundry bags - the kind they sell for delicates. They go through both the washer and dryer like that to keep them contained. 

So I came upon the idea of making some with different fabrics for each person, and hanging them from their doorknobs. This way the masks can stay in the bag to keep them easily differentiated - they don't have a lot of same fabric masks, but they definitely have some overlap. I've intended to do this for quite some time but finally got motivated.

I used the easy tutorial from Dog Under my Desk patterns. My only modification was to add a hanging loop in the upper right corner. Here's hoping the masks stay contained now!



 

No comments: