Monday, December 28, 2020

New PJ pants for Christmas

Thing 2 really liked his lounge pants that I made last year for Christmas with the gamer flannel, even more than I had hoped! So I figured he needed another pair. We had actually shopped online together back in the spring for fabric for the next pair, but then I hadn't gotten as far as sewing them up before the weather turned much warmer. So I saved these for Christmas. These are S8022.


At his request, I had added patch pockets on the last pair (never blogged, apparently). They were based on the pockets on my yoga pants. Then, after adding them and having him wear them for a bit, I got feedback on changes he would like to have made (which was like pulling teeth! I had to convince him that custom means you can get these to be perfect for you.), which I used on this pair. So these pockets are two inches longer and were moved a bit further to the sides. I hope he thinks they're exactly what he wanted!



 To make it easier on me to get the pockets finished well, I lined them with muslin and left the slanted edge open, then added a facing to close the pocket.

No comments: