Thursday, December 17, 2020

Star Wars Christmas!

I bought this fabric I believe 2-3 years ago. My only regret is not buying enough of the Star Wars Christmas ornament print to make myself PJ pants with it. But it was the right thing to sacrifice it for my niece, as intended. And I love how the purple scroll print goes with the Star Wars.

This is the Madison/Dolly Madison pattern from Made for Mermaids.



Since I just made her the Nemo dresses over the summer, I knew for sure which size would work. (I also asked my sister-in-law how much room she had in them, since I really want this to work for next Christmas as well!) This is a size 10, roughly tea length (because I didn't have enough fabric), with a wider ruffle to make up a little of the length. I used the purple print for straps, waist piping (I make my own, obviously), and bottom ruffle. 


I think you can see the waistline piping detail a little better in this progress photo....



The doll dress is maxi length.


 I love how it turned out, and I know she will, too! My only quibble is that I think the purple print blends a little much with the waist piping. In this particular case, it might have been a little better to use a different fabric for the piping or do a waist ruffle instead. But I do think it's more obvious in person.

No comments: