Monday, September 1, 2008

Not much to show today....

Here's the picture of the finished lunchbag. Oops - actually, I took that picture before sewing on the velcro, it seems. Oh, well...you get the idea. I still think it's too big, after we've used it for almost two weeks. But it works, and I haven't had time to make another prototype. Soon, I hope...

In addition to the new jammies for Thing 1 and the muslin of the Hawaiian shirt for DH, I've also cut out two new pairs of shoes for Thing 2. As I feared when I finished the last ones, they were not exactly roomy. They fit....now. But they won't for long. I do like how the heel and toe guards are doing. Those were a toddler's size 7 regular, so I decided to allow for growth and trace and cut a toddler's size 9 wide. We'll see how those do. If I like the sizing in the denim shoes (I cut one of regular blue denim and one of white denim - both old jeans), then I'll probably finally make some black leather shoes. ;) In the meantime, before I sew these up, I need to come up with appliques for them. Otherwise they're a bit boring. I'll definitely put another Thomas on one pair, but not sure what to do with the other.

No comments: