So my cousin was expecting her second baby, and I thought the diaper clutch would be a great gift for her. I had already cut it out when I made the first one. At that point, though, I was out of PUL, so I had to wait to order some, since my local stores no longer carry anything but the Babyville PUL. :( Anyway, once the PUL arrived, I was already into other projects, and this one kind of stalled until the day my cousin posted that she was having contractions. Oops! Time to finish!
As you can see, this one looks pretty much the same as the last one! (Except that I put the handle a little too high - I couldn't access the directions when I was putting it together, so I figure I actually did pretty well.) Here it is closed.
And here it is partly open. I know it's dark, but maybe you can see that there are two rows of snaps on the body, so that she'll be able to adjust it slightly based on how stuffed the pocket is. We'll see how that works out, anyway.
I used up the rest of the butterfly print making two smallish wet bags to match. These were both intended to be between 9x12 and 12x12, but the final dimensions were based on the scraps I had to work with. Both close with zippers, and I added snapping handles in case she wants to hang them off a doorknob/stroller handle/whatever.
At the advice of several people in an online sewing group, I also made a pillowcase-sized wet bag for use at home. This is a very bright Garfield print that has been hiding out in my stash for years. I was glad to find something useful for at least part of it to do! This is big enough to be useful for a family trip to the swimming pool, too!
She wrote back yesterday after receiving the package and sounded pretty excited about it, so hopefully she ends up liking all of this after using it a bit.