Wednesday, August 26, 2020

New Scrub Cap

Unselfish sewing isn't always easy. I had previously made a scrub cap for a colleague (her request and fabric, but it became her Christmas gift that year - first one in this post). And she loved it and wore it all the time.....but then she lost it. So she asked if I would be willing to make her another one, and she provided this fabric. I said I would, but also no guarantees on when I'd get around to it. All depends on free time and motivation. (Both in short supply.)

Well, it's now apparently impossible to buy disposable scrub caps, so our inventory person said everyone needed to start saving theirs for re-wear or using their washable caps. Which means that my colleague is SOL until she can find her missing cap....or that I needed to suck it up and find the motivation.

It really doesn't take long to make these. I already had the pieces cut out and interfacing fused in place. I just had to.....sew it. She won't even be at work tomorrow, but I get to leave this in her cubby and wait to find out how excited she is to find it on Friday.

This time, she asked for the "regular" size, as her friends kept making fun of her cap and saying it looked more like a chef's hat. Guess I'll see how well this one fits her before making her next Christmas gift.


 Whale Watching pattern

No comments: