It's kind of embarrassing to realize how long it's been since my last post! About a month and a half - yikes! It's partly because DH misplaced my camera for awhile, so I couldn't retrieve the picture of the items I actually finished, and mainly because I've been so busy at work lately that I haven't been sewing/crafting/cleaning! (Not too worried about the not cleaning part, except that a friend is coming this weekend...)
So these are the latest pants/shorts that I finished for Thing 1. He loves them! (Not like that's a surprise...) Once again, I didn't put the elastic in the shorts yet - waiting to see if they'll still fit in the late spring and summer, and if so, how long the elastic needs to be. But he's put the pants into heavy rotation ever since I finished them. :) These are the usual KS Sewing for Toddlers pants and shorts pattern.
I took a study break and dusted all my windows over the weekend. Normally this would not be blog-worthy. However, since I used my homemade Swiffer duster refills, I figure that it's relevant. I tried out the ones made from fleece scraps this time. I don't think that they work quite as well as the ones from microfiber cloths, but they do get the job done. And someone on PR suggested that rubbing two together prior to dusting would build up a static charge which would then help attract and hold dust. Have to try that next time!
I also used my Swiffer WetJet this weekend when the cat puked all over the kitchen floor. I have made one cloth refill to try on it, but I never got around to it, because I hadn't used up the cleaning solution in the bottle. (The pattern designer suggests not using the store-bought cleaning solution with the cloth refills, because it takes a lot more solution to saturate the cloth refills and is too expensive.) Now that I have, and DH adapted my bottle to be refillable, I plan to make up homemade solution and test out the cloth refill! Then I'll sew more, assuming that it works well! Yippee!