Sunday, April 6, 2008

Random stuff....

Not much happening here on the sewing front. I've just been way too busy. I still need to make Thing 2's new shoes - I'm going to try to get those sewn this evening. We'll see if it happens, though.

I discovered that Dollar Tree sells microfiber cloths - a set of two smaller ones (sorry, no exact dimensions) or a single larger one - for $1 each. Woohoo! An even cheaper source of microfiber for the Swiffer refills! I bought the two pack, intending to cut them down and serge the ends to make refills for my Swiffer floor sweeper. However, I discovered that the smaller cloths are only a few inches wider than what I need, so I'm just using them as is.

I've heard about the dryer balls that work well instead of fabric softener sheets, but I'd never seen any. Today I spotted some at Meijer, so I bought a two-pack. No clue yet how well they work, but I did throw one in the load that is currently bouncing around in the dryer. So far, I can only say that one should possibly not use them to dry clothes while small children are sleeping. (At least not if your laundry area is near the bedrooms.)

No comments: