Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Still plugging away....

So I have no pictures to show yet, but two of the five pairs of boy pants were finished Sunday night and left for said boys to potentially wear Monday. (Thing 1 wore his, Thing 2 is wearing his today.) The other three pairs - make that four, I forgot about cutting a quick pair of knit pants for Thing 2 - are pinned and pressed for hemming and waistbands. Those should be done tonight.

The two pairs of adult PJ pants are hemmed but need the buttonholes and waistband elastic, and both of those plus the other (mostly finished) one need the drawstrings stitched and inserted. I decided to go with extra wide, double fold bias tape for drawstrings, to avoid having to order something. Those have been washed, shortened, and pressed, but I wanted to stitch the fold down so that I don't wind up with trashy looking drawstrings later on. That would just annoy me. So...this too should get done tonight...I hope.

And then it will be on to the white queue, I think!

No comments: