Sunday, January 10, 2010

More Christmas gifts....

Yep, still finishing Christmas gifts that get mailed out. I did get three boxes mailed the other day, and it felt good! And can I just say that I'm now a huge fan of printing my shipping labels off from www.usps.com? I'm not real thrilled with how the post office keeps raising rates, so it's nice to save $0.50-$1.00 per package (at least, that was the difference with the size/weight box I mailed), plus getting a free delivery confirmation instead of paying $0.70 for that. Plus, I just waltzed into the post office, set my boxes on the counter, and waltzed back out. Nice! (Yes, I know that I could have scheduled a pickup from home, but it worked out better this way for this round. Next time I'll have them picked up from the front porch swing.)

On to the finished items:

Once again, my go-to PJ pants pattern (M3006). This time, instead of cuffs, I sewed grosgrain ribbon around the legs about 3.5 inches from the bottom before sewing the inseams, then simply hemmed them once done. I used the same ribbon for a drawstring, and I also used a small piece of it for the "tag" in the back. I think they turned out cute.

Christmas Looney Tunes boxers for a Looney Tunes fanatic - my usual boxer pattern (S9958), no changes.

The PJ pants on the left are for a set for Thing 2, but the two on the right are Christmas presents for a friend's two boys. All are the KS SFT side seam pants pattern - the two on the left are T3 and the polar bear pair on the right are T4.

And finally a pillowcase from a Tinkerbell flannel-back satin I bought a few years ago (specifically for this - I can't believe how long it took to get my butt in gear and sew it!) with a coordinating Tinkerbell satin ribbon. Not my thing, but the recipient should love it!




1 comment:

personalized christmas stockings said...

These are a really creative work and are just made to be the gifts on Christmas. These are really cute and i love them.