Saturday, April 24, 2010

Still here....

So I've been plugging away, but I'm still suffering from lack of consistent sewing mojo. So there's nothing completed to show. Still, I have in progress works as well as the "up next" contender. First, the "in progress":
I have four scrub shirts and a scrub jacket in the mix. This picture only shows the shirts - the Beatles shirt is for a friend who's a Beatles fanatic. I've had the fabric for a year, and I just haven't made the time to sew it up. Now it will be a belated birthday gift for her. And by the way, check out the upper left pocket on it - oh, wait! It's almost invisible! Woohoo! The Suzy's Zoo scrub shirt has been in stash and cut out for, oh, about two years. Oops - time to sew it up! And the McDs fabric is for my nurse friend, who worked at McDs for years. I bought the fabric a few years ago, I think, but it was forgotten in the dim recesses of my stash. And then the Taz fabric is for my friend's husband, who is an ICU nurse and a Looney Tunes fanatic. He picked out the fabric, and I am sewing it up.

This will be my next project, post-scrubs. My boys LOVED How to Train Your Dragon. (We saw it as part of our mini-Spring Break celebration.) So consequently they loved this dragon fabric. I usually make them pants out of goofy character fabric, but for a change, I'm going to try button-up shirts for both. For this incarnation, I'm planning to use B3475. We'll see how that goes. I think that a size 2 and a size 4 should take care of my little guys. For future incarnations, I may try either S3852 or S4207. I like the idea of a yoke better than a non-yoke, but I'd still like to try the Butterick one first. Hopefully I'll have something finished to show this weekend....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Kris,
This fabric is adorable. I've been looking for something for a dragon quilt for my son. Do you remember where you found it?

Thanks,
Alison

Kris C. said...

It was at Joann Fabrics, I believe. The selvage says "MBT" - not sure what company that is.