Friday, April 5, 2013

A little wall art for my sewing room

When we repainted my sewing room and added fabric shelves, I planned to make sampler quilts using the wall colors and hang them on the walls.  Yeah, well, didn't get there yet.  (I do have four large quilt blocks ready to become a wall hanging, but it's obviously not ready yet.)  So when I saw the sewing silhouettes tutorial, I thought it would be great to go in the room!  Not to mention that it was much more likely to happen quickly....I chose a darkish mossy green and dark purple, as those are 2 of the 3 wall colors in the room.  And then I went to town!  

I started by painting the edges and part of the fronts - just enough that color would show around the edges of the background papers.  After that, I followed the tutorial pretty closely.  I did print the shapes out, cut them, and then trace them onto dark purple cardstock.  If you wanted black silhouettes, it would make it simpler to just print them onto cardstock.  I used cardstock as I felt it would be a little more sturdy than regular scrapbook paper.

I'm really happy with how these turned out!  They just need hangers on the back, and then I have to decide where to hang them!  And one of these days, I need to finish the first wall hanging....



No comments: