Monday, October 7, 2013

Pillowcases!

I love making pillowcases as gifts.  Not only are they (usually!) fast and easy, but they are fun, practical, and easily customizable to the recipient's tastes and interests.  I decided to make Thing 2 a new pillowcase to celebrate his new room, using cheerful bug fabric I found on clearance at JAF.  (The red trim is a lightweight cotton from my stash.)  I decided to change things up by using piping instead of flat contrast trim.  I think it turned out pretty well!


And the real reason for making Thing 2 a pillowcase using piping was....to practice for these!  A friend is getting married this weekend, and while she and her new husband have indicated that they don't need anything, I know that she would enjoy some funky pillowcases.  Both bride and groom practice martial arts - that is how they met! - so I thought the Robert Kaufman I Am Ninja line would be perfect!  So here is a "his and hers" set of ninja pillowcases.  I'm really pleased with how these turned out.  (Which is good, as these are the most expensive pillowcases I've ever made, bar none!)


No comments: