Tuesday, November 7, 2017

A little cross-stitching

So I've been doing more cross-stitching lately, since it's so easily portable.  This was inspired by a finish I saw in one of my FaceBook stitching groups.  The pattern was free online (I repeated the hearts across the entire length), and I used a font generator to get the quote charted.  (I can't remember which font generator I used, or what the font was - oops!)  I made one for a Dr. Who fan friend, and I'm currently working on another for another friend.



These are small designs I found free online - Boba Fett and stormtrooper helmets.  I did them on Aida cloth stretched over frames.  I found them at Michaels - both online and in store.  These are done on oatmeal, and I really liked the way they turned out.  I have plans for a bunch more.  The great thing is that you don't have to decide how to finish them (frame, hoop, whatever) when you finish stitching.  You're just done.


No comments: