Saturday, January 27, 2018

Another drawstring backpack

So....yet another drawstring backpack.  I have a friend who had seen one that I made (but apparently didn't blog!) and was astounded to learn that I'd made it, and immediately expressed interest in commissioning one.  Well, I remained noncommittal as to the commission, but I did make a mental note to make her one at some point.  This was supposed to be part of her baby shower gift (as in, part that was for HER), but I didn't have time to sew it up before the shower.  And so there the pieces sat for a long time.  But I'm hoping to see her soon, so it was time to finally finish this.

The outside is your basic black twill, which is kind of my go to.  (I don't know why my camera was acting up and having fuzzy edges, either.)  I used a purple zipper for some interest.  And the straps are the last of my black paracord from Lowe's....need to get some more of that.

Purple zipper with the lining of the front pocket peeking through.  I did like I've done on all of them - made the front pocket a full one, and lined it with the lining fabric.


And then I added a full inner pocket, which was lined with the lining fabric, as well.  And there I used a plum colored zipper, that almost perfectly matched a color in the sugar skulls.  I would rather have used a blue inside, but I didn't have one that matched any of the blues in the print.  And I didn't want to use black, because I wanted the zipper to stand out for ease of finding it.


She likes sugar skulls, so I thought this print was perfect when I spotted it.  Hopefully she'll love the bag!

No comments: