Saturday, April 4, 2020

More face masks

Back in February, I made some fabric face masks for my buddy. She really liked them, and she told me she preferred the shaped ones, that they fit her face better. So I included two new ones in her birthday box.


These are also made from scraps. This time, I took a hint from another mask maker and made the layers separate at the short sides, so that she can insert a filter of her choice, if desired. I'm going to make some modifications to the next ones - possibly use more layers, as the other person did - hers were two layers for "outer" and two for "pocket" so that both sets were lined and had no raw edges to cover.


Also, I think that my next ones will use ties instead of elastic. We'll see...but if I start making them for others, the ties are more adjustable.

No comments: