Saturday, June 14, 2008

I'm back!




And I've been sewing....well, mostly cutting - I have a pile of things to sew, most of which use the current serger thread color. That will get started later today....in and around emergency calls. Hopefully there won't be too many of those!


But in the meantime, I did finish something! This is a drawstring backpack. It's actually a birthday gift, but it may also be a prototype. I normally wouldn't use one, but it could be very useful for an upcoming trip. We'll have to see, though I'd need some modifications, like inside pockets. :)
I based this on a bag that I saw my sister use for years, and I'm pretty pleased overall with how it turned out. We'll see if I end up making it again. It uses 2 yards of fabric and sews up pretty quickly, so it's a good stashbuster. ;)


No comments: