Friday, June 20, 2008

Not much sewing done....

So I haven't actually finished anything since my last post. I have, however, spent some time sewing the "cut" pile. I've been doing a modified assembly line - I sew seams on each item until I reach the point where I need to use the serger, then I set it aside. When I'm done with everything I can do on the sewing machine, I pull out the serger and start over on the pile. When I get through that, I make a trip to the ironing board. Then it's back to the sewing machine. It seems to take forever to finish any one thing, but this way I actually get all the stuff done faster...I think. Or at least I get a bunch done at once.

I went to the fabric store last night. Joann is having a sale - snuggle flannel prints and cozy flannel solids were both $2.49 a yard, and red tag clearance fabric was 50% off. I needed more fabric like a hole in my head, but hey! I had to at least look, right? :) So I came home with 12.25 yards. Oops! Guess I'd better keep on sewing. I'm now almost forty yards past parity. Not good. In my defense, I got 6 yards to make two new blankets for the Things, and about 4 yards are for scrub shirts - at least one of which will be a gift.

And now, in addition to the current "in progress" pile, I need to cut out another new pair of shoes for Thing 2. I think he drags his toes sometimes when he walks, because he's got major fraying going on in his shoes. This time, I'm going to add toe guards! And I think the next pair will be leather, too.

No comments: