Friday, May 21, 2010

Yep, another scrub shirt....

Since I was working on the horse scrub shirt for my stressed out friend, I figured that I might as well do two at a time, and I cut out this shirt for another friend. (This, however, really will be kept for the going away time.) Despite doing a food animal internship, this friend is truly a Dog Vet, and in fact I nicknamed her the Dog Vet Intern in my short-lived facebook journal of my adventures. So I thought this fabric would be especially appropriate. (The fabric was originally purchased to be a scrub shirt for our technician, who deals with a lot of the dog breeding, but I can't figure out - without asking, which embarrasses me - whether she doesn't wear the skull scrub shirt I made her because she doesn't like it or because it's the wrong size, so I wasn't going to make another.) Personally, I thought the fabric was kind of hideous in the flat stage, but it's kind of grown on me since it became a scrub shirt. I hope that she will like it!
Again, the neckline is from Kadiddlehopper's tutorial, and I dare you to find the upper pocket. :)
Up next? Still finishing the scrub jacket for my friend - that one just needs hems and cuffs, but I haven't yet gotten cuff fabric - the next sizes of shirts for the monsters, new monster PJs, and new summer pants. I think that's all that I've cut out so far....

No comments: