Sunday, January 12, 2014

Pillowcase

So what girl didn't read Nancy Drew books as a kid, right?  Well, I definitely read more than my fair share.  When I first saw this book print, I amused myself reading the titles and trying to remember basic plotlines for each.  But I didn't really see a need for it, so I left the fabric at the store.....and then Thing 1 had a need for a book print as a backdrop for a presentation.  Due to time constraints, I ended up calling around to various quilt stores, in search of anything that would kind of look like a library backdrop.  A new to me local quilt store had this print in stock - and it was even on clearance!  Well, sold!  I'll take whatever you have left (which ended up being two yards).  

Fast forward a few weeks, and the fabric has done its duty and served as a backdrop.  Now I need to do something else with it, so that it doesn't just sit in the stash.  We went to my favorite local quilt store for their New Year's sale, and I spotted the magnifying glass print.  So I decided that my aunt needed a set of pillowcases with these fabrics.  Unfortunately, I forgot that I didn't have enough (with this very unidirectional print) to make two pillowcases, but, hey, she lives alone.  One is fine!  So I trimmed the book spines with the magnifying glasses, and I have enough left to do something else....maybe a box bag or two later on.  For now, I'm just amused that my aunt's Christmas present (2013) is still not quite finished, but her birthday gift (Sept. 2014) is done.


2 comments:

Hazel_Myope said...

Love both the prints. But I'm curious why you didn't give your Aunt her birthday present for christmas?

Kris C. said...

I thought that she'd prefer the warm PJs for the winter months. ;) So those got finished up this weekend and will be on their way to her today.