Wednesday, December 17, 2014

A little yarn detour....

So last winter at some point, my sister-in-law posted the link to this slipper pattern and said she wished she could make these.  I took the bait - asked about colors and sizes - and ordered the pattern.  I never did get around to making them last winter, but this fall, I realized that I needed a portable project for lunchtimes at one of my jobs.  These came out, and they've worked out great!

The solid green ones are for my sister-in-law.  The other two pair are for my niece.  By foot measurement, the red/yellow/green ones should have been the right size, but they seemed awfully big (quite possibly user error!).  So I also made the purple/green ones in the smaller size.  (The purple/green variegated yarn was leftover from the slippers that I haven't yet finished for my aunt!)  I figured that even if the smaller size is right, she'll eventually grow into the larger one.



A close-up of my favorite buttons.  I found these at JAF, and I really wish they'd had other colorways to fit my slippers.  These are so cute!




To be honest, these are totally not my style.  The cuffs are way too foofy for me.  But if that's your thing, I can highly recommend the pattern.  It is well-designed and well-written, and it really works up quickly.  I could see myself using it again, if I thought the recipient would like this style.

No comments: