Saturday, July 28, 2018

A special request....

My brother messaged me a week ago to tell me that my niece had an "emergency" request.  They are going to GenCon next week, and she wanted to go as a Jedi and get a "special shirt" to wear.  My machines went into the shop when I was on vacation and weren't back yet, but how can I turn down a request like that?

She requested a pink or purple shirt, and, as luck would have it, I had a pink shirt already in my possession.  So I sent this pic to my brother and asked for my niece to pick which fabric she wanted, and which character or ship she wanted.


She made her pick, but she wanted a Luke Jedi design.  Hmmm....I haven't done a Luke so far....so I said I'd try but would have to look for a picture.  He promptly sent back a Lego Luke minifig picture but said she'd be fine with R2D2 or Darth Vader if it wasn't going to work.

So I punted to plan B to be safe, since I had a deadline.  But I also went to WM and bought a couple more shirts to play around with.  And then I decided she needed a new Tie Fighter, and then I realized that the post office was open an hour later than I thought, so I'd try a Luke (and that shirt is a light purple - I know it reads pink here).  In the end, the box is away and should get to her early next week, so in plenty of time.


No comments: