Thursday, February 4, 2010

This and that....

I have finished a few more things lately - yet another pair of flannel PJ pants (a birthday present this time), as well as several fleece hats. I'll review those later, since the photos are not on this computer.

My current projects are accumulating! There is The Shirt #3, a solid navy broadcloth blend, which only lacks final hems, buttonholes, and buttons. I plan to finish that tonight. (Mainly because I want to cut out The Shirt #4 and hopefully have it done by the time DH leaves for Hawaii on Valentine's Day.

There are the shark thermal knit PJs for the Things, which lack hems, waistband elastic, and cuffs/neckbands. I'm a little afraid of stretching out the hems, which has contributed to sewing paralysis.

There is a scrub cap for my Indianapolis Colts-loving buddy. I should have gotten that done well before the Super Bowl, but, you know? She'll still love it. And it can go into the package with the dog booties and assorted reading material. And maybe Chex mix...

There is a pair of boxers for my dad's birthday. He is former Army, and this is a Robert Kaufman Army print. I think he'll really like them! I hope...

There is a double-layer fleece blanket for Thing 2. I just need to sew the binding together and then sew it on. I really should do that this weekend. It doesn't require much time or the serger...And then Thing 2 will have more warm options for sleeping time.

And I also cut out a Snoopy Valentine's scrub jacket for my friend, and seven or so pairs of underwear for Thing 2. So it's time to get cracking! We'll see how things go this weekend....

No comments: