Thursday, April 17, 2014

More pillowcases

It's getting to be birthday party season again, after a break.  So I started making pillowcases.  This was the first one that occurred to me: Thing 1 has a friend who loves reptiles, and the idea came when I randomly happened to see this flannel at JAF.  Good thing!  He loved it!


So then Thing 2 had a birthday party a week later, and that friend likes Minecraft.  So I pulled some flannel out of my stash and whipped up two pillowcases, with different Minecraft ribbon bands (bought from a coop), then let Thing 2 choose which one would go to his friend.  The other one is going into my gift stash.


After that, I was on a roll, so I pulled more flannel out of the stash (I love using up stash!) and made two Angry Birds pillowcases.  These are intended for Christmas gifts for a pair of brothers.


Pillowcases are a great gift - always useful, don't take up much space, and can be easily customized to suit the recipient.  And they don't take much time!  Bonus!

No comments: