So I blogged waaaaay back when (July 2011) about how we repainted my sewing room, and how I bought FQs to make sampler quilts to hang on the walls to tie the room colors together. And eventually I did make four blocks....and there they've sat. At one point, I solicited opinions from my online sewing groups about colors for sashing/borders. And then I bought the sashing/border fabric. And there it all still sat....until last night. I suddenly got the bug to do some selfish sewing, and I went digging around in the bins for the blocks and the fabric.
And here's my finished top for the wall hanging!
I still don't know what I'm going to use for backing or binding. I was thinking about maybe something striped for the binding, if I can find a striped fabric with the right colors in it, and maybe just a muslin for the backing, since it's just going to hang on the wall nonstop. And I'm going to find someone to quilt it for me, so that it'll actually get done without waiting another four years. But I'm still amazed (as is The Husband!) that it's done!