My niece is apparently quite into dolls, so I decided to get her one that I could dress for her. I didn't want to spend the money on an American Girl doll for a three-year-old, but Target has the Our Generation dolls which are pretty similar in size, proportions, and looks. So after texting pics back and forth with my brother, I bought one.
I was making mother-daughter tops for my sister-in-law's birthday (just now realized that I never got a picture of this year's version before mailing them, darn it!), and my pattern has a doll size!
So this is to match the two humans - and please excuse the non-matching shoes. Those are the ones that came with the doll, and I haven't gotten or made any more yet. Priorities, right? Now I have since retrofitted this one by stitching the ribbons to elastic and stitching the elastic in place in the necklines. That way at least the ribbons can't be pulled out.
This one matches my niece's new skirt. I made it basically to play around with the gathering foot that I hadn't realized I had (bought it in a box of 32 sewing machine feet, then haven't really played with them). The gathering foot makes some very soft ruffles. Next time I'll see if I can use it with a double layer ruffle! I did the same thing with the ribbons stitched to elastic....
And like every young girl these days, my niece loves Frozen. I found this as a remnant at JAF - far too small to be a top for my niece, sadly - so I turned it into a dress for the doll. For this, I had to take about six inches off the bottom edge, and I also took out six rows of shirring. I added straps which are stitched down, because the shirred bodice is stretchy enough to allow for getting the dress off without any closure. I think that'll be especially nice for my sister-in-law!
I really hope that my niece likes her doll (Christmas present) and all the clothes I'm working on!