Same pattern - Butterick 5164 - and I lined the hood with black interlock, bound the hood and hem with black fleece, and this time put some loose elastic into the sleeve ends. This was partly because I wanted them to stay on better, and partly because I was out of black fleece binding and had to wash some more fleece first before cutting and sewing binding. Oops. For this one, I used black fleece to make the kangaroo pocket (also bound in black fleece instead of being turned under) and then satin-stitched a train motif to the center of it. Thing 2 loves it! And now Thing 1 wants a new one, "because mine doesn't have a pocket! It's not fair!"......sigh......
However, Thing 1 needed a new backpack, which was supposed to be his birthday present. (The old one was getting severely ratty, after two years of daily use.) And this ended up being three weeks late, but....oh, well. It's done! And he really likes it!
The SpiderMan fabric was from my stash. I'd bought some for boxers for The Husband as well as pants and shorts for Thing 1. The boxers got done, but the shorts and pants haven't. Not to worry - there's still enough for shorts for Thing 1 and Thing 2, I would think. Anyway, I quilted the outer fabric to Warm&Natural batting, just for more body/stability. On the front piece, I free-hand quilted a spiderweb, which probably doesn't show up much in the picture. For the sides, back, and straps, I quilted curly lines that were inspired by the web shown on the fabric (the lines from which he's swinging). I think it turned out nicely.
This time, I used webbing and buckles with the straps, which are going to be SO much better than the D-rings. I think the straps just weren't thick enough for the D-rings to hold well, because I was constantly having to rethread the straps through the rings. Enough! (When we were going to Denver, I stitched the straps down so that they wouldn't keep coming undone in the airports. That helped a LOT!)