Thursday, February 14, 2013

Yes, I'm an inconsistent blogger

I obviously do not make this blog a priority, which is why I write consistent posts for a week and then forget about it for a month.  Oops!  So in other words, I'm still playing catch-up on Christmas gifts (all of which were delivered at least by the middle of January, mind you!).

My good friend from high school got a sling bag this year!  Another friend gave me some pleather that she found at a thrift store, because I was looking for long leather skirts for this bag.  Not exactly what I wanted, but it worked out nonetheless!  (Maybe even better - this is more washable, I think!)  I made the same pattern as before, using the pleather for the outside.


The lining was from a rock-n-roll disco print I had found on clearance at JAF a few years ago.  I had always intended it for this friend, but I had originally meant to use it for a scrub shirt.  Then her job changed, and she is no longer allowed to wear print scrubs.  So instead, I used it for this bag, after first fusing interfacing (Shirt-Fuse?  I don't remember what it was, but it leaves the fabric with a beautiful drape) to it.  As I recall, I put a large elasticized pocket on one side and a small rectangular pocket (with snaps as a closure - for cell phone, wallet, whatever) on the other.  I also included a loop in the side seam for the key leash that I made to match.  I really like how this turned out, and she loved it, which is what matters!


And I made a pair of pillowcases for a friend from grad school.  She currently works for an ophthalmology office, and she had really wanted to find eyeball fabric at Halloween.  So when I saw this fabric on 50% clearance, I snatched some up for her. ;)



No comments: