Tuesday, March 10, 2015

More box bags!

I think these are the last of the Christmas gifts.....

I made a set of box bags for one friend who loves to travel.  I thought these would be useful for separating her toiletries or whatever when she's traveling, and I was able to make it to match the sling bag I made for her two Christmases ago....The outer fabric is a pleather that came from a thrift store.  These metal zippers came from a garage sale, I think.  They look great but were a pain in the butt to work with - I think only because I had to shorten them, and I had to be really careful sewing over the ends.  If they were exactly the right length, they might have been no problem.  Oh, well.


The lining is a fun rock-n-roll disco print that had originally been intended for a scrub shirt for her, before her hospital stopped allowing random printed scrubs.  So it got new life as first a sling bag and now some box bags.


This one is for a friend who's into martial arts.  This is the same fabric that I used to make her a scrub shirt (which I sadly apparently never took a picture of and thus never blogged about) and then a stocking.  I managed to get these two box bags out of the leftovers.  The linings are a sturdy red twill.


This may be it for box bags for awhile.....but you never know!

No comments: