Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Grinch set for my niece!

I try my hardest to get my niece's birthday present out on time (her birthday is just before Christmas), but then the Christmas gifts to that household are usually sometime in January. You know....it draws out the season. 😂 

So when I made my Grinch lounge pants for me, I realized that I probably had enough leftover to make her a pair, as well. These fleece pants require no seam finishing and no pressing, so they are quick to make! Last night, I traced the pattern and whipped up a pair in no time. I used Simplicity 8022, child/teen size S. (I compared the pattern to the KS213 I've been using for her, and the XS was about exactly the size I've been using, so I went up a size to give her more time to wear them.)

And then, just for fun, I appliqued Grinches from the leftover fabric onto two shirts, for a PJ set. (Why two? Well, I couldn't decide on black vs white, and I also have a bunch of shirts for her that I haven't yet done anything with, so....)


 

1 comment:

CAN I said...

How awesome! I may have to go fabric shopping.... just for me, though. No kids in the extended family these days