Saturday, January 30, 2021

Where the Streets Have No Name - U2 cross stitch

Catching up on blogging some of my cross-stitch finishes on the last post made me think that I should put more of them on here.

When we went on our first big vacation a few years ago, I decided to start a new project. Cross-stitch is very portable, as there's not a lot of big bulky supplies (like a few/many skeins of yarn, for example), so it works out well to take on an airplane flight. I decided that I wanted this to be something for me, so that I would be potentially reminded of our vacation when I saw it. Or at least, that was the theory. 

I saw the U2 design by Pixel Power and knew that I needed to stitch it. U2 is my favorite band and has been since I was a teenager. And I enjoyed thinking about what lyrics I would what to add when I finished. In the end, it had to be Where the Streets Have No Name. I mean, that was just a no brainer.

I had this framed professionally at my local Joann's, and I was thrilled to see how it turned out. One of my favorite workers there helped come up with the matting and framing for it, and I couldn't be happier.



No comments: